River Island Removes Sexist “Anti-Nag Gag” After Backlash On Twitter
Twitter was not impressed by the online shops’ novelty “domestic” item.
1. It came to Twitter’s attention today that online retail shop River Island was selling a novelty item called “The Domestic Anti Nag Gag”, which features a tiny, foam football to “gag” your (presumably) female partner with.
Seriously, what is going on with all the “novelty” things from River Island… I am genuinely baffled….
5. (Although, this being the internet, some people didn’t quite see why it was so bad…)
There are some women who are asking; “oh why are people offended?” by the River Island item. As if they need to be told. Uneducated twits.
8. Hours into the outrage, River Island confirmed it would no longer be stocking the item.
9. And released a statement, saying they were sorry to hear the item upset people.
We are sorry to hear that one of our novelty gifts has caused upset to our customers. We have now removed this item from the site.
10. Which wasn’t exactly the response many were looking for.
Previous Post: Vlogger Skips Rocks On Frozen Lake, Creates Coolest Sound
Next Post: The Best Use For “Sanitary Towels” Yet