A Woman Left Her Husband Of 60 Years An Adorable Love Note To Find After She Died
She hid it in his checkbook to remind him they’ll meet again someday.
1. Jimmy and Billie Breland were married in 1954 and remained very much in love during their 60 years together.
Cliff Sims, the couple’s grandson, wrote on Yellow Hammer News that she was a public school teacher and he was a Baptist student minister, and they were known in their community for their kindness and generosity.
2. In late 2014, Billie’s health began failing but Jimmy remained by her side in the hospital until she died this month at the age of 83.
3. During her life, Billie had been “an avid note writer.”
“Every photo on the walls of their home is meticulously documented,” Sims said. “She wrote down funny things that happened or quotes she wanted to remember, all in the perfect cursive handwriting that could only belong to a school teacher.”
4. And at some point before she died, she wrote a heartwarming note — this one for Jimmy — which the family later found tucked inside her checkbook.
It says, “Please don’t cry because I died! Smile because I lived! Know that I’m in a happy place! Know that we will meet again! I’ll see you there!”
5. “The note has been a source of comfort to us all since her death,” Sims told BuzzFeed Life.
“It has inspired hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people around the world in recent weeks as it spread quickly online,” he said. “My grandparents’ relationship is proof beyond any shadow of a doubt that love conquers everything, even death.”