Community Post: Meet Chris Ayer, Your Newest Musician Crush
2. This is Chris Ayer. He’s a Brooklyn-based musician with a flair for lyricism in the introspective tradition of James Taylor, Paul Simon, and, more currently, John Mayer.
Maybe that’s because he studied Poetry AND Philosophy at Stanford University. Hubba, hubba.
3. And he just so happens to have the voice of an angel.
…an angel who looks really, really good in v-necks…
4. He has several albums out on iTunes.
Go check out his song “Relativity” right now. Or “The Revealing” or “Roy G. Biv” or “This is a Test” or “Evaporate.” …No, seriously, go now. I’ll wait here.
5. His newest album, The Noise, came out this past March.
Fun Fact: The album’s cover photo was shot by New York based photographer Shervin Lainez, who also shot the cover for Regina Spektor’s latest album, What We Saw From the Cheap Seats.
6. “The Infinite Abyss of Space,” one of The Noise’s most popular songs, was actually a last minute addition to the album.
Here he is playing it for the first time in public at Manhattan’s The Bitter End in the summer of 2012.
7. Now the single is being featured in Land Rover’s new promotional campaign for their line of cars featuring the Meridian sound system.
Yeah, yeah, cars are cool. Show me more Chris Ayer.
8. Since we’re on a YouTube binge here, let’s talk about Chris’s channel, where he uploads live, one-take videos of his original songs.
This one features Chris’s best friend IRL, singer-songwriter Matt Simons. Matt’s song “With You” became a bonafide billboard hit in the Netherlands this year.
9. He’s been known to throw a few gorgeous covers into the mix, too.
10. Though Chris isn’t widely known yet, he already has fan bases all over the world, from Brazil to the United Kingdom to Italy.
And, boy, are they devoted.
11. Fans have uploaded countless photos to Facebook and Instagram that show Chris taking the time after his shows to give some love back.
Only slightly, terribly jealous.
12. Speaking of Instagram, let’s take a moment to talk about Chris’s personal account…
…because it’s awesome.
13. When he isn’t posting fantastic photos chronicling his tours across the states and abroad…
14. …or photos of himself palling around with his musician buds…
The bro love is clearly strong.
15. …or photos of himself being a completely lovable goofball…
Oh, good lord, he’s doing velociraptor claws!
16. …he’ll post the occasional, flawless selfie.
Now that’s some high-quality scruff.
17. And thank goodness for that.
If that were actually an earring, he’d totally be pulling it off.
19. Because maybe you haven’t noticed yet…
Photo Credit: Shervin Lainez
Sexy-in-a-Tie Credit: Chris Ayer
20. …but this guy is really good-looking.
(Does anybody else see the resemblance to Michael Fassbender here?)
21. Like, really, really good-looking.
Jeez, louise, the man can turn it out.
22. SO GOOD-LOOKING HE CAN ACHIEVE FLIGHT.
23. Ok, maybe that was hyperbolical. But he’s really, very handsome.
Don’t play coy with me, Ayer.
24. And to get back to the discussion of his musical talent, the man can write one hell of a breakup song.
(But I find it highly doubtful that this man’s ever been dumped.)
25. After all, that’s what this whole post is about: Chris Ayer is a fantastically talented musician.
But did I mention that he’s really good-looking?
26. And this year, he got signed to Sony Europe!
Here he is holding his contract. Such sexy, sexy derping.
27. So this past spring, he and Matt Simons toured Europe and got to play to crowds like this:
28. What this all means is that hopefully we’ll all be seeing a lot more of Chris Ayer.
He’s left-handed, too!
29. And that would be a very, very good thing.
My one-day husband, folks.
30. Oh, hey, he’s even got a Facebook fan page!
The better to stalk you with, my dear.
32. In the meantime — keep climbing, Chris. Keep climbing.
Miley Cyrus reference. Topical.