Community Post: 6 Reasons Why “Rescue Gifts” Are The Perfect Holiday Present For Everyone On Your List
6. Your socially conscious friends will love you for it.
Let them know you care about what’s happening in the world, too, by giving them a Rescue Gift from the International Rescue Committee that can send a young Afghan girl to school for a year, ($56), giving her a chance at a better, more fulfilled life.
5. For once you’d like your Christmas gifts to last longer than your New Year’s resolutions.
Do away with the box of chocolates and flowers this year and buy a gift with long-lasting impact. For only $18, a Rescue Gift of mosquito nets can help stop the spread of malaria, a deadly disease that kills a child every 60 seconds.
4. Thanks to your recurring Black Friday nightmares, you break out in hives at the mere thought of venturing outside again to do your shopping.
Think about a gift from our online catalog that can give Syrian refugee children comfort and a sense of security in the midst of upheaval – like their own teddy bear to hold tight. You don’t even need to leave your couch to do it.
3. Your celeb-obsessed friends have been religiously watching Homeland since the series began and are still heartbroken over the cancellation of Firefly.
2. You’re tired of triple-checking labels to make sure everything is eco-friendly for the dedicated environmentalists in your life.
When you purchase a Rescue Gift, you have the option to save a tree and send a personalized e-card describing the gift and how it will impact the lives of some of the world’s most vulnerable people.
1. You just received a gift from a friend you completely forgot to get a present for. (Yikes!)
Lucky for you, Rescue Gifts are perfect for last-minute shoppers who don’t want to fight the crowds at the mall. Find the perfect Rescue Gift and send beautiful e-cards to forgotten friends, in-laws, or generous neighbors, right up to the very last moment – even on Christmas Day itself.