1. On Sept. 30, 1970, four days before her untimely death, Janis Joplin spoke — openly — with The Village Voice for what would be her final interview.
2. Never one to hold back, she opened up about a wide range of topics. Like the pain of rejection…
3. …why she likes to take men on the road….
4. ….and way feminists shouldn’t hate her.
5. The animated video is part of the PBS Digital Studios ongoing series Blank on Blank:
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/janis-joplins-empowering-final-interview