The 19 Greatest BBC Newsreader Fails
1. So there was that time Simon McCoy mistook a ream of paper for his iPad, and soldiered on anyway because he is a pro.
3. Also that time Simon McCoy had some trouble talking about pandas.
Weather presenters do it too. Like the time Tomasz Schafernaker accidentally gave someone the middle finger on air.
Because he was being taunted on-air by… Simon McCoy. SIMON MCCOY EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT.
4. It’s not all Simon McCoy, though. Lots of newsreaders have problems handing over to the weather.
7. BBC presenters are always unflappable under pressure, when everything is going wrong.
8. Well, mostly. Sally Magnusson was perhaps a little flappable when everything went wrong on BBC Scotland.
9. BBC Scotland, of course, sometimes has difficulty telling the difference between its weather presenters and Nazis.
10. Mind you, that’s not quite as bad as completely forgetting that your co-host exists.
11. Perhaps it’s understandable, though, given what Jonathan Charles revealed about the years of cruel treatment he’s received from BBC bosses.
12. It’s not just TV presenters. BBC radio presenters can have their problems too. Like Charlotte Green completely losing it over a buzzing noise.
13. And who can forget Jim Naughtie having a bit of a Spoonerism problem with the words “Jeremy Hunt, the Culture Secretary”?
14. And then Andrew Marr did the exact same thing a few hours later.
15. It’s not always their fault. Like when this happened to Michael Crick on Newsnight in 2010.
(Michael Crick must be much happier to be at Channel 4 now, where nothing bad ever happens to him.)
16. Members of the public are just the worst. They have no respect for the fact that you’re trying to do a serious piece to camera.
18. But it’s okay. Sometimes all of it – production problems, baffled newsreaders, and rogue members of the public – come together to create something absolutely beautiful.
Guy Goma, and every BBC presenter, we salute you. Heroes all.
Especially Simon McCoy.
FREE MP3 Audio: 'Ultimate Healing' Meditation.
Delving Into Guided Meditation.. Learn How To Get Started With Meditation The Right Way!"