Digital Wand Brings Abstract Paintings to Life
Every famous painting has a good muse. Sometimes, when the muse is a person, an abstract version might appear on canvas.
So what would the models of Picasso paintings look like in real life? Hungarian artist Flóra Borsi conceptualized classic paintings by digitally manipulating the compositions.
“Nowadays, almost every photographer uses graphics software to complete the picture, like many painters used ‘original versions’ in the past,” Borsi said.
Take a look at the paintings below and decide for yourself if they could be the real-life models.
1. “Fool’s Hat – Narrenhut” by Rudolf Hausner
2. “The Corn Poppy” by Kees Van Dongen
3. “Woman With Green Hat” by Pablo Picasso
4. “Bust of a Woman” by Kazimir Severinovich Malevich
5. “Portrait of a Polish Woman” by Amedeo Modigliani
6. Real Models of “American Gothic” by Grant Wood