Guard Suffers “Life Changing” Injuries As Axe-Wielding Robbers Attempt Raid On London Jewellery Shop
A noxious liquid, thought to be ammonia, was sprayed by the gang.
1. Police are appealing for witnesses after six men on mopeds tried to smash their way into a luxury watch shop on New Bond Street.
On Monday morning, the men rode south from Oxford Street towards Watches and Jewellery of Bond Street.
2. Pedestrians were forced to jump out the way as one of the mopeds rode down the pavement.
According to a statement from the Metropolitan police, when the gang reached the store they rammed it with a moped and struck the door with a sledge hammer and an axe.
3. Police claim it was reported that one suspect had a handgun.
4. One of the men also started spraying people with a noxious liquid, thought to be ammonia.
A security guard subsequently received hospital treatment. His injuries are said to be potentially life changing.
5. Staff at the store managed to operate the security shutters, causing the gang to flee without any property.
However significant damage, estimated at several thousands of pounds, was caused in the attempted raid.
Anyone with information should call police on 020 8785 8655 or to remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Previous Post: New Orleans Pelicans Unveil Mascot And It Is Kind Of Creepy
Next Post: Rihanna At The 2014 MTV Movie Awards In L.A.