Community Post: 15 Reasons Emma Thompson Would Make The Perfect Best Friend
2. She’s the one you’d want on your charades team.
In February she visited The Tonight Show and played a wonderful game of charades with Jimmy Fallon, Bradley Cooper, and Tim McGraw. She obviously dominated the competition. Check out the hilarious videos here: part one and part two.
3. She knows her classics.
Emma Thompson is known for her famous roles in countless period dramas and literary adaptations; from Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing to Elinor Dashwood in Sense and Sensibility, she’s flawless as any character.
4. As a matter of fact, she’s a master of the arts.
She is a multi award-winning actress with two Academy Awards to her name. Her first Oscar win was for her performance in Howards End. In addition to acting, she is also a brilliant writer, producer, and comedian. She won her second Academy Award for writing the adaptation of Sense and Sensibility.
5. She’ll teach you how to perfectly photobomb any picture.
6. Her sense of humor will always make you laugh.
There’s nothing like that dry British wit to keep you going.
7. She’ll cook you a damn fine meal.
8. She knows how to poke fun of others and even herself.
10. She’ll constantly challenge you to a dance-off.
11. There will never be any shame in the friendship.
12. There will be a plethora of opportunities to share a duet with her.
13. She’ll introduce you to her other best friends.
Thompson is good friends with a number of celebrities, including Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Meryl Streep, and Kate Winslet (just to name a few).
14. She cares about saving the planet.
She was recently on an expedition with Greenpeace to help raise awareness of global warming and the consequences of drilling for oil, and she also took part in London’s “People’s Climate March” in September.