All city dwellers know the feeling. Sometimes, you have the urgent need to get away from it all and just run to a remote and isolated place far from all the city noise, traffic, crowds, pollution and stress. Most of us just dreamily think about it and never do it but there are some people out there who did act on that impulse, creating some of the worldÂ´s most beautiful secluded houses, cottages or even temples. From incredibly isolated picturesque IcelandÂ´s huts to a remote stone house in Portugal, check out these 25 unreal isolated houses that are breathtakingly beautiful.
25. This adorable houses is found, hidden in woods near the town of Stradbally, midlands of Ireland. Living in this cottage must be every hopeless romantic’s solitary dream.
24. Built in 1962, this cute mountain hut can be used by hikers free of charge. Located near the top of the Mount Brown in New Zealand, the hut is equipped with all the necessary things to offer a cozy stay over in the breathtaking surrounding landscape.
23. If you want to be really sure you will have no pesky neighbors, construct something like this stone house built between two giant rocks on a remote hill in northern Portugal.
22. Those tired of the city hustle and bustle in Florida would certainly appreciate something like this original house in Key West.
21. This mysterious forest house is a picturesque refuge for solitude seekers in Scotland.
20. Unmatched panoramic views and absolute peace and quiet deep in nature – that is what this spectacular hut in Sulwald, Switzerland offers.
19. There are many secluded houses in AustraliaÂ´ s vast arid area called “The Outback”. This adorable red house is one of them.
18. This little rural house hidden in the Apuseni Mountains in Romania is more suitable for horror fans than romantic loners. Apart from the eerie fog, this area is a part of the Transylvania region, home to the legendary vampire Dracula.
17. Built in 1476, this impressive building is The Holy Trinity Monastery in Greece. Sitting on a 400 m. (1,300 ft.) high rock, the monastery used to be accessible via a net and rope ladder. Today, entrance to the building is gained by climbing 140 steps cut into the pinnacle rock.
16. Living in a house at the crossroad has a completely new meaning for the residents of this picturesque house in Salzburg, Austria.
15. Yes, that little tiny white spot in the center of the huge cliff is a house. To experience what it is like to be a real hermit, you have to come to Vestmannaeyjar archipelago located off the south coast of Iceland.
14. Isolated homestead in a remote mountain village of Munnar in the Indian state of Kerala.
13. This unique example of total solitude can be found in a Hungarian field.
12. Designed by Swedish architect Erik Kolman Janouch, this wooden but totally functioning and well-equipped double cabin is located on an isolated island in northern Norway.
11. Is there anything more romantic than spending a weekend with that special someone in this astonishing house perched on a rock in the middle of the Drina River in Serbia?
10. Once found on the Holland Island, Maryland, this rustic abode could have been a perfect isolated spot of tranquility. Sadly, it collapsed in 2010.
9. This little hut is used by farmers who work at rice fields in Mu Cang Cahi, a rural district in northeastern Vietnam.
8. This building is a church dedicated to Maximus the Confessor built on the very top of the Katskhi pillar, a natural limestone monolith located in western Georgia.
7. Those who want to be absolutely sure to have no human distraction should definitely visit this tiny house on Faroe Islands.
6. No, this picture has not been photoshopped. It is a real building called Eremo di San Colombano, a monastery in northern Italy. For centuries, it has been used by monks and hermits.
5. Looking like all lonerÂ´s dream, this spectacular house can be found on a little French island called Ile de Saint Cado.
4. Set in the ethereal IcelandÂ´s countryside, this picturesque house is actually a turf church built in 1884.
3. Nicknamed “The Hobbit House”, this fairytale-like cottage is located in a forest in Wales. Built with maximum regard for the environment, the house gives its dwellers a unique opportunity to live literally in the heart of nature.
2. To enjoy a few relaxing days of solitude in this romantic beach hut, you have to visit Mexico.
1. Known as the Solvay Hut, this hut is located on the north-eastern ridge of the Matterhorn Mountain, Switzerland. Perched at the incredible height of 4,003 meters (13,133 feet), the hut can accommodate 10 courageous and physically fit solitude seekers.