PUNISHED FOR BELIEVING IN MARRIAGE: Cornish B&B owner who doesn’t like same-sex couples, UKIP conference highlight.
28 Deeply Bizarre Things I Saw At UKIP’s Annual Conference
DONCASTER – UKIP’s party conference is like nothing else. So BuzzFeed News set out to find as many bizarre things within the first 30 minutes of arriving at the conference as we could. Think of it as “Nigel’s supermarket sweep”.
1. There was this Christian Soldiers for UKIP poster.
FIGHTING THROUGH CHRIST FOR DELIVERANCE FROM EU TYRANNY.
2. This UKIP orb of anti-federalist future.
Look, you don’t get that at Labour.
3. This mug.
4. This swivel-eyed David Cameron mascot.
5. This UKIP necklace.
6. This…no idea.
7. This calendar.
You’ll never guess who’s Mr November.
8. This postpeg for all UKIP members who are into pegging.
9. What’s better than a UKIP lanyard? This UKIP diamante-encrusted lanyard.
10. These cufflinks.
Everything you ever wanted is available in purple/yellow colours.
11. Even this William Hague memorial baseball cap series.
12. And this £1 bargain bin filled with UKIP-branded ladies’ neckscarves and a DVD of Channel 4’s Sri Lanka’s Killing Fields documentary.
13. Pretty much every party member is wearing one of these.
14. There’s this signed picture of Margaret Thatcher.
15. This book entitled Henry VIII: Tudor Serial Killer by UKIP’s London MEP.
16. There’s Neil and Christine Hamilton.
17. This Damp Rag Herman Van Rompuy tea towel.
18. The chance to win a gold sovereign. A whole gold sovereign.
“A sovereign draw for a sovereign nation.”
19. This PUNISHED FOR BELIEVING IN MARRIAGE anti-same-sex-marriage flyer.
20. This UKIP Scotland stall, stuffed with Irn-Bru and Tunnock’s tea cakes.
21. This specially commissioned UKIP closet.
“There are no racists inside or outside this closet.” A true labour of love.
(UPDATE: Everyone loved this so much BuzzFeed News went and interviewed the owner.)
22. This attack on David Cameron for daring to touch cigarette packets.
23. This picture of Sharleen Spiteri from Texas on the wall, watching over things.
UPDATE: This picture previously showed Texas’ former bassist. He has been in touch asked for his face to be removed from the article as he is “deeply disturbed to see my face associated with UKIP in any way shape or form”.
BuzzFeed News is happy to blur his face from this photo and make it clear that this photo of Sharleen Spiteri and the band Texas is merely hanging on the wall of the venue where UKIP conference is being held. There is no indication that Texas are in any way associated with UKIP’s policies, nor any sign that Nigel Farage’s party is attempting to latch on to the popularity of the “Summer Son” hitmakers.
Because you can say what you want about UKIP but they won’t change their mind on this matter.
24. These UKIP tax discs for every car window.
“My car is straightouttahere.”
25. This anti-EU teddy bear.
26. This brave display making a stand in favour of powerful vacuums that have been BANNED BY THE EU despite the wishes of honest-born Britons.
27. This amazing LED badge.